Sunday, March 22, 2009

guest editor


This week the lowdogs editor (moi) has been extremely busy. Accordingly, I passed the responsibility of updating the photo journal to Big D. Unfortunately, I neglected to remember that his most favorite thing to do with the dogs is to watch them sleep because he is desperately in love with Molly and thinks she's The Most Adorable Dog That Ever Lived.

As usual, when he handed the camera back to me I was presented with multiple photos of Molly sleeping. Seriously, we have about 1,347 pictures of the dogs asleep, asleep on top of the sofa, asleep on top of the sofa and 'holding the tv remote' between their paws, asleep on top of the sofa 'holding the remote' with me catatonic under them after a long day at work (not my finest hour).... You get the drift.


I love Big D and he's a very active and masculine guy, but this fixation he has on how cute the dogs are when they sleep...well all I can say is Thank God, sister, because let's face it, I'm not getting any younger, and someday it will be ME drooling when I sleep, with a face sliding off my skull, snoring and snorting and jerking my legs like I'm running. And believe me, I'm going to be damn happy that he thinks this is So Cute.

OK, he's right. This is the cutest smooshy face I've seen at least in the past week. Aww.

5 comments:

Martha said...

We agree, there is nothing sweeter than a basset asleep. In fact two bassets sleeping is even better!
Lovely pictures. xxx
PS Believe it or not the word verification below says 'bless' kind of fits!!!

Tee said...

Awww ... so sweet ... i'm in love!

Tee
Xox

Pony Girl said...

Cute post! I like your blog, cute name. I love hound dogs! My family had a beagle, he was really special. I have never had a basset. I would love to! They seem like quite the characters! ;)

Tobi said...

Even before I finished reading the post all I could think was "I just love that smooshy face" and then you used that exact term - such validation for me!

Ma Ingalls with ADHD said...

great squooshy face